Rhino is the premier early-stage venture fund in Canada, with investments in some of the most promising early-stage technology companies including Article,Thinkific, and FISPAN.
We’re searching for an exceptional and highly motivated Analyst to play a critical role on our investment team. In this position, you will be responsible for identifying high potential early-stage (pre-seed to seed) startups, building and managing relationships with them, and spearheading our diligence processes. This is a challenging position offering an opportunity to have a significant impact on the early-stage Canadian tech ecosystem.
As a member of Rhino, you will be responsible for the following:
● Sourcing: Managing pipeline of inbound leads from co-investors,entrepreneurs, and others within the ecosystem and generating outbound opportunities through industry research, conferences, and networking
● Diligence: Spearheading all aspects of the due diligence process on new investment opportunities (e.g. business analysis, industry assessment,competitive landscape, financial modelling, etc.)
● Industry Research: In collaboration with the rest of the investment team, conducting market research and developing theses on industries of interest
● Team Meetings: Participate in Rhino’s weekly team meetings at which new investments and portfolio companies are discussed
● Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor current investments and support team on quarterly reporting
● Miscellaneous Tasks: Execution of independent projects offering value to Rhino Ventures as determined by the investment team
● Post-secondary education in a Business, Entrepreneurship, Finance,Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant area, with a track record of academic and/or professional success
● 1-3 years of work experience in a relevant area (e.g. business analyst,product management, investment banking, consulting, PE/VC) is preferred, but not required
● Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop effective relationships
● Superior work ethic with an ownership and entrepreneurship mentality with uncompromising personal integrity
● Strong passion for investing and evaluating investment opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively
● Demonstrated interest in technology and/or finance
● Independent, with limited need for supervision and self-driven to gettasks done
● Ability to “figure it out” and solve a range of problems and tasks
● Capable of managing many projects in parallel with an ability to prioritize
At Rhino, we believe in an “Ownership Mindset” where you’ll be given autonomy with the ability to own your work. We reward that ownership mindset by offering competitive compensation, including carried interest for every team member.Additionally, you’ll enjoy a flexible work environment (just get your work done- we don’t care how you do it), and unlimited vacation (yes, we actually use it).
Successful applicants will exemplify the firm's core values: (i) Be Trustworthy, (ii) Be Entrepreneurial, (iii) Enjoy the Ride!
Interested applicants should send their resume to Candace Hobin (email@example.com) along with a brief (<90 seconds) video on why they are interested in working at Rhino.
*It is preferable for the successful candidate to be based in or relocate to Vancouver, BC, however, remote options (Canada only) will be considered for the right candidate. This posting will remain live until the position has been filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest and hope to welcome you to our team!