Rhino is hiring!
We’re searching for an exceptional and highly motivated Analyst to play a critical role on our investment team. In this position, you will be responsible for identifying high potential startups, building relationships with them, and spearheading our diligence processes. This is a challenging position offering exposure to the world of venture capital investing and startups.
As a member of Rhino, you will be responsible for the following:
- Sourcing: Managing pipeline of inbound leads from co-investors, entrepreneurs, and others within the ecosystem and generate outbound opportunities through industry research, conferences, and networking
- Diligence: Spearheading all aspects of the due diligence process on new investment opportunities (e.g. business analysis, industry assessment, competitive landscape, financial modelling, etc.)
- Industry Research: In collaboration with the rest of the investment team, conducting market research and developing theses on industries of interest
- Team Meetings: Participate and be asked to contribute to Rhino’s weekly team meetings in which new investments and portfolio companies are discussed
- Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor current investments and support team on quarterly reporting
- Miscellaneous Tasks: Execution of independent projects offering value to Rhino Ventures as determined by the investment team
- Post-secondary education in a Business, Finance or relevant area, with a track record of academic and/or professional success
- 1-3 years work experience in a relevant area (e.g. business analyst, product management, investment banking, consulting, PE/VC) is preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop effective relationships
- Superior work ethic with an ownership mentality and uncompromising personal integrity
- Strong passion for investing and evaluating investment opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Demonstrated interest in technology and/or finance
- Independent, with limited need for supervision and self-driven to get tasks done
- Capable of managing many projects in parallel with an ability to prioritize
- Proficient with the following tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google products (Gmail, Drive, calendar, hangouts), Slack, Trello, DocuSign and CRMs.
Successful applicants will exemplify the firm's core values: (i) Be Trustworthy, (ii) Be Entrepreneurial, (iii) Enjoy the ride!
Interested applicants should send their resume and a 60-90 second video on why they’re interested in venture capital to John Najafi ( john [at] rhinoventures [dot] vc). We thank all applicants for their interest and hope to welcome you to our team!